styling challenge

Posted on | 26 August 2009 | 9 Comments

so yesterday my sister e-mailed me with the following challenge: "i have to go to a wedding next weekend and i'm looking for some sort of inspiration/spiritual guidance as to what the eff to wear. it's outside [at an estate]. my guess is it will be fairly warm. also, i've met these people like twice." she's got a great new short haircut (a-la ginnifer goodwin) and a wonderful and slightly quirky vintage aesthetic. so here's what i came up with. please help her decide by voting for your favorite. {all collages by me via banana republic, mod cloth, j.crew & anthropologie}

Comments

9 Responses to “styling challenge”

  1. JRDM designs & photography
    8/26/09, 9:44 PM

    GOOOOO AWAYYYYYYYY!!!!!

    IM IN LOVEEEEEE WITH ALL OF THEM
    HONEST TALKS- FOR THE WEDDING...

    #1- MORE CASUAL
    #2- LOVELY FOR THE OUTDOORS (+)
    #3- CASUAL
    #4- I THINK THIS IS THE WINNER (++)
    #5- OK I THINK I LIED THIS IS MY FAVORITE (++)
    #6- CUTE ADORABLE STYLISH (+)

    SO THERE IS A TIE! I SERIOUSLY CANT WAIT TO SEE WHICH ONE YOU CHOOSE... P.S WHATTTTT U CUT UR HAIR!?!?! CAN I PLEASE SEEEEEE ITTTTTTT??

    LOVE YOU

  2. rc9322
    8/27/09, 7:05 AM

    I love the green ensemble. Cream is nice but not at a wedding. Only the bride wears white or cream. Send some outfits for me! I'm not going anywhere special.

  3. Unknown
    8/27/09, 12:10 PM

    they are all wonderful...i like how each one has a cinched waist!
    probably the last one is my favorite.
    xox

  4. Anonymous
    8/27/09, 2:57 PM

    LOVE that green ensemble. i might have to steal it for a few of my weddings!

  5. eggs
    8/27/09, 4:54 PM

    you expect us to be able to choose one of these?!?!?! jess, these are all amazing (seriously, where did you find all this stuff??!?!). i love the first, second and fourth numbers, but I suppose if i really had to pick i'd got with the green dress. fabulous!

  6. Stephanie
    8/28/09, 9:20 AM

    The green one! It reminds me of the dress from Atonement.

  7. Stephanie
    8/28/09, 9:21 AM

    The green one! It reminds me of the dress from Atonement.

  8. Nicole Sylianteng
    8/31/09, 11:20 PM

    Green.
    May I ask how long it took you to put this post together? Nice lasso-ing work!

  9. jessica | destined to design
    9/19/09, 11:41 AM

    ha, nikki, i forgot to answer you on this. about 1-2 hours. and if you look closely, that magic wand left a lot of jagged edges.